Shortly before the events of Child's Play, Sarah was a happy wife and mother with her daughter Barb, with another on the way (Nica). But her happy life would become shattered when her husband introduced her to a man named Charles. She was oblivious to his infatuation with her, and how it was growing to obsession. His madness would soon come to light as her husband is found murdered. On the night of November 9th, 1988, which takes place after her husband's funeral, Charles kidnapped Sarah and held her hostage in a safe house, while Charles' partner Eddie would wait in a getaway van. However, Sarah managed to call the police. Charles angered by her rejection, pulls out a knife and stabs her in the stomach before fleeing the oncoming police. Because she was pregnant with Nica, his actions cause her to be paraplegic. Meanwhile, Charles is chased down by Detective Mike Norris and his partner Jack Santos, where he is fatally shot in a toy store.
Afterwards, Sarah became traumatized by what happened to herself and what happened to Nica. Before her death, Nica believed that her mother was doing fine as she was on medication and started painting again.
Nica has been living with her mother for her whole life. One day, Sarah receives a strange package, a doll named Chucky. Though both mother and daughter are bewildered by the package, they forget about it and throw it away.
Later that night, Nica is awakened to her mother screaming and discovers her body on the floor. She had fallen off the balcony to her death, causing Nica to believe that her mother committed suicide. However, it is revealed that Chucky stabbed Sarah through the heart with a pair of scissors, causing her to fall.
- Sarah is Chucky's 40th victim since Child's Play.
- Her calling the police on Chucky is one of the things that set off the series' events.
- Before her death, Sarah was shown to be a painter and mostly painted sunflowers. Unknown to her daughters, they represented a traumatic memory. During her abduction by Charles, she was surrounded by many sunflowers that he had gotten for her.
- The expression of shock and horror in on her face following her death may indicate that Chucky revealed to Sarah that he was in fact Charles Lee Ray, whom she believed to be dead.
- Though Tiffany could’ve went along with his scheme to kill Sarah, its never really been shown if knew of Chucky's infatuation/obsession.